CopyrightŪ Parents Have Rights.com All rights reserved
STOP THE IBO AT TURNBOW
REDUCE MANKIND TO UNIFORMITY
UNESCO is the most powerful of the United Nations' instruments for establishing the forced uniformity of mankind. UNESCO is unseen, deadly, and everywhere. Among the dangers that confront freemen today, UNESCO is unique because:
(1) It is so vast in its aims, channels of operation, Publications, and agencies...
(2) It uses every means of communication through which the thinking of mankind is influenced...
(3) Its method of attacking freedom is so diffused and unfamiliar...
(4) It presents, above any other present or organization,, the gravest danger to freemen..
(5) Irc1uding all of the years of alphabetical Federal Bureaucracy, Pentagon channels, and United Nations' agencies, sub- agencies, affiliated agencies, Panels, committees, conferences and commissions - UNESCO is the most bewildering organization ever conceived.
UNESCO (United Nations Educational, 3cientific and Cultural Organization) is a specialized agency of the Economic and Social council which, in turn, operates under the Assembly of the united Nations which, in turn, functions under the Charter of the United Nations which, in turn, supersedes our own Constitution and-because we signed it as a treaty- is now the supreme law of the United States.
Headquarters in Europe
UNESCO'S world-wide headquarters is in Paris. UNESCO'S American headquarters is in Washington, D.C. and is called the U.S. National Commission for UNESCO. This Commission is made up of sixty representatives of national organizations and forty direct appointees of the State Department. From this Commission UNESCO'S program is channeled into local communities through myriad organizations, committees, and panels which, in turn, channel it to reach you and your children from every direction- from philan-thropical societies, churches, radio, television, theatre, newspapers, magazines, motion pictures, schools, school organizations, civic groups, government agencies, etc.
There is no possible way to give or to gain a quick knowledge of this octopus-like organization of UNESCO with its thousands of publications, areas of operation and channels of propaganda. It is too vast and unwieldy to be summarized with briefness or clarity. So the work of reading and listening and discovering and understanding must be yours. But there is a guide, a simple guide, which will carry you safely and unerringly through the intricate maze of UNESCO, and the explanation of that guide is the purpose of this paper.
UNESCO Thrives on Confusion
We Americans are confused about the nature of the whole danger which surrounds us today. We don't seem really to know what it is or where it is. No two Americans will give you the same answer. At least fifty Per cent of our danger is due to this confusion about it, be- because what we don't understand we cannot fight. Through lack of understanding we are even apt to aid something that we mean to resist. The churches are a tragic example of this. Almost every minister in the world would tell you, and with sincere honesty, that he considers Communism the greatest present enemy of religion and he resists it in every possible way. And yet, many of -these same ministers unknowingly aid Communism everyday of their lives. The same thing is true of the people of the United States. Every loyal American believes that he resists Communism, and yet an astounding number of these same Americans also unknowingly aid Communism every day of their lives.
Compartmental Thinking Dangerous
One reason for this is that the human mind has a habit of putting things into mental compartments. One of these mental compartments holds what most of us think of when we think of Communism and Communists. We think of them as enslaved people in faraway countries, the original Bolshevik revolutionists, Stalin and the Politburo in the Kremlin, the official heads of the Communist Party in the various nations of the world, the Communist spies who are caught in espionage, and the Communist members who are known to be operating in the United States.
Scientists Are Poor Statesmen. Doctors Don't Shoe Horses
Another of our mental compartments holds the generally acknowledged intellectual giants such as Einstein, Thomas Mann, Linus Pauling and others, who are cited as Communist Sympathizers by the Un-American Activities Committee. We don't understand why they are in favor of Communism but then we don't understand how they can work out the theory of relativity and write great novels either. This is confusion compounded. So this whole compartment is left up in a sort of intellectual stratosphere and dismissed as having no actual bearing on our pedestrian affairs.
Muddied, Fuzzy Thinking
Yet another of our mental compartments holds the so called "progressive and extreme liberals" who occupy the majority of the positions of power in our Federal Government, in our system of education, in our phi-lanthropical Institutions, and in the United Nations. Included among these are the Socialists and all of the other varieties of collectivists. This is the compartment with which most of us grapple daily, because the persons in this compartment affect our lives day by day. This effect is a disturbing one because the words and actions of these persons seem inconsistent day by day-one thing they do will seem good, another bad, another foolish, then another good, and so on, around and around. We can never decide what they are for or against, since we cannot discover exactly what it is that they are trying to accomplish, and this makes it impossible for us to think or act consistently.
Real Aim Uniformity and Mediocrity
So long as we do not realize that every person in each of these compartments is striving for exactly the same goal, we will remain impotent both individually and as a nation. This single goal toward which they all strive is to REDUCE MANKIND TO UNIFORMITY.
While we fight the obvious evil, the hidden evil can engulf us. If a man were to treat only the surface sore of cancer and let the hidden part of the cancer continue to grow beneath the skin and spread throughout his entire system, what would happen to that man? He would die of cancer. Just so is Communism spending throughout America. While we continue to fight the surface sore of Communism which we can clearly see the hidden affiliates of Communism are spreading unseen throughout the whole life of America. It doesn't matter what you call cancer, the disease will kill the body just as surely. And it doesn't matter what you call these concepts. If their practices accord with Communism they will kill America just as surely.
The Crucible of Human Reduction
Karl Marx. Lenin, Stalin, Communist leaders and members, intellectual Communist sympathizers, "progressives and extreme liberals, Socialists and other collectivists. Each and every one of these persons acts to achieve this same ultimate goal-to REDUCE MANKIND TO UNIFORMITY. Morally, mentally, and materially. It is beside the point whether they admit being Communists, refuse to say whether or not they are Communists, flatly deny that they are or ever have been Communists, or have never been asked the question. It is beside the point whether they act as they do through malicious design, unthinking idealism, intellectual arrogance, or stupidity. What does matter is the act itself and the results it will produce, and an act has no will of its own: therefore, an act cannot distinguish between the sincerity and the insincerity of the person who commits it. If a man acts in such a way that his acts, if carried to their logical conclusion, will help to REDUCE MANKIND TO UNIFORMITY, that man is working to advance Communism whether he knows it or not. And the end result will be the same-the triumph of World Communism.
"Wolves in sheep's clothing"
Another block that exists in the American mind to the recognition of Communism should be pointed out. This is our inability to believe in a Communist in a dinner jacket. Man' Americans do not recognize these "Marxist advocate" because of the obvious intelligence of the individual worker and his comfortable position in life. We say, "He's too smart to be a Communist," and then proceed to evolve some other explanation for his odd behavior which seems to us more reasonable. The truth, unfortunately, is that those of superior intellect are particularly susceptible to Communism because they come to believe that their intellect is the highest power that exists. It is for this reason that they deny God, for they can admit of no power higher than themselves:
it is for this reason that they believe themselves chosen to plan and control the lives of the rest of humanity, for humanity will make all sorts of mistakes if left to its own devices since the huge majority of humanity cannot think as clearly as they, the "intellectuals," can. The slaves and the executions and the concentration camps and all of the horrors inseparable from Communism do not upset these intellectuals because they believe that these are necessary instruments of force which must be used to compel humanity to do what is best for it. They know that a large segment of humanity is sure to object, since every individual who has attained an unusual amount of something good must give it up, whether the good is freedom, material comfort, or religious beliefs. (All Americans naturally would fall into one or more of these categories, and here, as elsewhere, anyone who objected to giving up what he has would naturally have to be eliminated in some way.) This group believes that only when the world's people submit to being controlled from the cradle to the grave, only when the will to achieve and resist has been completely wiped out throughout the world, only then will there be no wars. Actually it's as simple as that. Their "intellectual" concept boils down to this oldest and falsest of man's beliefs, that man enslaved is man secure and compliant. So, as the intellectual sees it, it is right, proper, and mandatory that he work ceaselessly' to REDUCE MANKIND TO UNIFORMITY.
"As the Twig is Bent ... ."
This, then, is the guide that will clearly identify any' person or organization whose real design is to destroy freedom-the guide being the question, "WILL THIS HELP TO REDUCE MANKIND TO UNIFORMITY?"
UNESCO will become crystal clear to anyone who investigates it hand in hand with this guide, this guide which will, without fail, expose the similarity of purpose of all these doctrines of a controlled society. This guide will make it perfectly clear why Lenin, the founder of Communism, said, "Give us the child for eight years and it will be a Bolshevik forever," and then why UNESCO says, the kindergarten or infant school has a significant part to play in the child's education. Not only can it correct many of the errors of home training, but it can also prepare the child for membership, at about the age of seven, in a group of his own age and habits-the first of many such social identifications that he must achieve on his way to membership in the world society." This guide will make it perfectly clear why William Z. Foster, imprisoned head of the Communist Party in America, said, "Our teachers must write new school textbooks and rewrite history from the Marxian viewpoint," and then why one of UNESCO's two major goals is the revision or rewriting of all textbooks in use in American schools, and why one of UNESCO's current projects is a world history of mankind written by four militant atheists.
Generous instincts Betrayed
If you measure all that you see and hear with the question, "wiB this help REDUCE MANKIND TO UNIFORMITY," you will never lose your way in investigating UNESCO, the United Nations, our own Federal Government's policies, school curriculums, or anything else. Refuse yourself the luxury of emotion and wishful thinking. Do not permit yourself to be duped by beautiful words such as "brotherhood" and "peace' and "democratic" and "peoples of the world" and "elimination of barriers" and "solidarity of mankind." Let no ingratiating personality or intellectually superior manner sway you - remember, Alger Hiss was possessed of both. A person thus armed with knowledge and possessed of the courage to apply this knowledge regardless of intimidation or camouflage, is Communism's greatest enemy and Freedom's most valuable defender.
Quicksands of internationalism?
In studying UNESCO's publications, programs, meetings, speakers, goals, acts, etc., to see if they would tend to REDUCE MANKIND TO UNIFORMITY, I believe that you will find the answer in every' instance to be an unequivocal yes. Many of the answers to the UNESCO puzzle will then instantly come to hand-answers to such questions as, why!, does UNESCO try so hard to destroy American patriotism (which they call "nationalism"); why does UNESCO present "nationalism" as such an evil thing; why do they dispense with religion; why do they present internationalism and "world citizenship" as the most glorious. achievement available to man; why do they attempt in every way to belittle the parents and diminish their influence with the child, why is their most power ammunition turned on the child and his teachers; why the attempt to eradicate all competition from the child's life both athletically and scholastically: why the lack of proper grounding in the three R's which will automatically destroy the child's future facility of learning? The answers are obvious.
Guideposts for the vigilant
Happily, there are a few other guideposts which are useful in studying UNESCO. The principal methods of operation used by UNESCO are two:
(1) TEACHING BY Omission - In all UNESCO writing and speaking it is not what they say that is so destructive, it is what they do not say. This method has the enormous advantage of being difficult to detect and the results, from their standpoint, are equally as good as if they had been permitted openly to advocate the overthrow of our Republic. An example of this teaching by omission is the fact that nowhere in any UNESCO publications or recommended reading will you find America's unique freedoms explained or commended, and nowhere will you find even a mention of the horrors of Russian rule-by-force, Siberian slave labor, mass murders, assignment to work, denial of religion, or any other fact of unpleasant truth. The cumulative effect of this on a child who has never been taught the things that are left out, would naturally be to leave him in ignorance that governments differ. He would never realize that he had possessed freedoms which must be protected and sustained, therefore, he would make no objection when these freedoms were denied him. He would be the obedient servant of a controlled society.
(2) CONCEALMENT By VOLUME - UNESCO will write thousands of innocent words in order to implant one distorted concept. This method has the enormous advantages of discouraging investigation because the investigator must wade through so much reading in order to unearth the distortions, and of inclining the reader to accept the distortions along with the truth.
There are two more guideposts which we might call indications of intention. These are:
(3) COMMUNIST SYMPATHIZERS IN UNESCO-Now it is certainly clear that Communists and Communist sympathizers do not join and work in organizations for the purpose of destroying Communism. They join and work in organizations for the purpose of promoting Communism. Where we find Communists and Communist sympathizers we can reasonably expect to find Communism. In an infected organization there need be only e few such persons because they are usually found occupying he positions which wield the greatest influence over that organization. A good part of the UNESCO Constitution was written by Archibald MacLeish, a man cited eight times by the Un-American Activities Committee. Mr. MacLeish is at the moment a Member at Large of the U.S. National Commission for UNESCO. One of the organization representatives on this same U.S. Commission is Dr. Harlow Shapley who is reported by the Un- American Activities Committee as having "a long and notorious record, carefully and substantially documented in the Committee's files as speaker, sponsor, officer, donor, participant and signer of Communist petitions, in a number of Communist fronts and causes," and as having been supported by individual Communists and listed as a supporter of the Soviet Union. In all, seventeen (17) of the members of the U.S. National Commission for UNESCO are cited by the Un-Ameriean Activities Committee, these seventeen having a total of seventy-jive (75) citations listed against them.
Seven of this seventeen have the honored title of Doctor before their name. The above figure does not include the thirteen (13) citations of Marc Connelly who is reported as the new head of UNESCO's theatre wing. The Un- American Activities Committee's Reports are available to every man, woman and child in the United States. So when a presumably learned organization purposely selects, out of a nation of 150 million People, Communists or Communist sympathizers for its officers, the only possible reason for it is that they desire to have such persons in these positions of influence.
(4) ENDORSEMENT OF SUBVERSIVE ACTIONS-if an organization openly advocates any steps which would result in the overthrow of our existing form of government, this organization is considered subversive. Now one of UNESCO's two major goals is to achieve the objectives of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. The American Bar Association, legislators, scholars, newspapers, and laymen have repeatedly warned that if this Universal Declaration of Human Rights is ever adopted in any manner by the United States, our own Bill of Rights would be either repealed or rendered void, and we would inevitably lose our freedoms as well as our free enterprise system. Thus, overwhelmingly authoritative opinion reveals that the Universal Declaration of Human Rights is subversive to an unparalleled degree.
In summary we can say that there is no way to simplify UNESCO itself. It is designed in such a way that its organization, its spheres of influence, its network of propaganda and its tons of official and recommended. reading virtually defy a thorough investigation.
There is a way to simplify the investigation of UNESCO. You might call this an investigation buy indication. It is much like the Common sense method that we daily use in the kitchen to detect food that is not t for consumption.
If we see a piece of meat in the icebox which shows a spot of discoloration we promptly throw It out. We do not eat the meat in order to prove that it will make us sick, nor do we put the piece of meat under a microscope and analyze it bite by bite. We simply see the rotten spot, know this as an indication that the whole piece is tainted, and throw it out.
The indications which we look for in UNESCO are:
(1) Will this help to REDUCE MANKIND TO UNIFORMITY?
(2) What vital truths does UNESCO not tell?
(3) What distortions of truth lie buried deep in clouds of verbiage?
(4) Are there any known communists and Communist sympathizers in UNESCO?
(5) Does UNESCO endorse any subversive actions?
"Faith of our Fathers, Holy Faith"
Every adult American is possessed of the inherent responsibility to pass on to the next generation the God given freedoms which were passed on to Him by his forefathers. Freedom does not perpetuate itself, it must be sustained by those who understand it and who earn the right to enjoy it. If our children are to understand freedom they must be given truth, and only you can extend to them this saving hand of truth. Only you can refuse to be talked down to and intimidated by all the pseudo-intellectual educators, the modems, progressives, and liberals who tell you that only they are trained to teach your child and that you should have no voice in the matter. Do not permit your children to be robbed of everything that gives life meaning without lifting a hand in their defense. Lift your voice! Apply your intelligence! Defeat the planned regimentation of your children! And work ceaselessly to secure for them a life founded on the incomparable American principle of "Freedom Under God."
Only through such intelligent, determined, consecrated effort can you in your life and time activate the age old covenant made with God by millions of the sons and daughters of Freedom, living and dead: